The life of the Community at Bishopthorpe Palace is centred on prayer and worship, and each day starts with a service of Morning Prayer or Communion. Praying for the world, the church and individuals, including those who submit requests for prayer, is an integral part of our worship.
Throughout the month of January the Archbishop is offering twice-weekly reflections on the theme of 'Our Hope is Found'. Alongside the reflections, the Archbishop is encouraging anyone who wishes a prayer to be said for themselves or others, to send this in to Bishopthorpe Palace, where he will pray with support from The Order of the Holy Paraclete at Whitby.
Please use the form below if you would like to submit a prayer request
Share a Prayer
Do you have something weighing on your mind and heart?
Do you feel at a crossroads in your life?
Do you feel you would like some support by people who would pray for you?
Do you wish to say a prayer for someone close to you or do you want to give special thanks?
If the answer is yes, we can pray for you.
Prayer is simply connecting up with God. Listening and talking to God is for everyone, and we can pray at any time and in any place. We don’t need to use special words, we just need to spend time with God and talk with Him about our hopes and our fears, our dreams and our disappointments. As we do so, we will often have a sense of God with us, and with God with us, suddenly anything is possible!
Our daily services at Bishopthorpe Palace provide the opportunity to take up your prayer request.
If you would like prayer to be offered, please take time to fill in the box below and send it to us. We will ensure that your prayer request is taken up.
- Everyday Faith - about where and how we encounter God as we go about our lives. Where is God during our daily lives? How do we find God in the fullness of everyday life?
- Faith at Home - to help support the faith development and pastoral care of children and young people
- Apps to download to help personal prayer and reflection
- DailyHope phone line - a free national telephone line, offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England at the end of the phone
- The Alpha Course - explore life, faith and meaning through a multi-week course which creates a space where you can discuss life’s big questions
To find your local church and the services and support available there, visit A Church Near You