Fifteen deacons will be ordained priest by the archbishop and bishops of the Diocese of York over the weekend 11th - 12th June 2022, each woman or man in the parish where they serve as Curate.
As a priest each will be able to carry out the full range of sacraments amongst the community and congregation, including presiding at Holy Communion.
The Bishop of Selby, the Rt Revd Dr John Thomson, will ordain:
• The Revd James Kenny All Saints' Church, Londesborough, at 10.30am on Saturday 11th June.
• The Revd Nicola Gladstone at St Olave's Church, York, at 2.00pm on Saturday 11th June.
• The Revd Daniel Thomas at Selby Abbey at 6.00pm on Saturday 11th June.
• The Revd John Hoyland at St Philip and St James' Church, Clifton, York at 10.00am on Sunday 12th June.
• The Revd Catherine Toase at All Saints' Church, Newton-on-Ouse, at 2.00pm on Sunday 12th June.
• The Revd Caroline Comer-Stone at All Saints' Church, Sherburn-in-Elmet at 6.00pm on Sunday 12th June.
The Bishop of Whitby, the Rt Revd Paul Ferguson, will ordain:
• The Revd Paul Burnett and the Revd Peter King at St Hilda's Church, Whitby, at 10.30am on Saturday 11th June.
• The Revd Lisa Opala and the Revd Kate Brown at St Mary Magdalene Church, Yarm, at 3.00pm on Saturday 11th June.
• The Revd Melanie Burnside and the Revd Claire Soderman at All Saints' Church, Northallerton, at 3.00pm on Sunday 12th June.
The Archbishop of York, the Most Revd and Rt Hon Stephen Cottrell, will ordain the following in a service in Hull Minster at 4.30pm on Saturday 11th June:
• The Revd Eileen Connolly
• The Revd Miriam Thurlow
• The Revd Huw Waring
• The Revd Louise White
To read biographies of the candidates visit the Diocese of York website